Click here to get started today!
Smith's Bible Dictionary
Id'do. (timely or lovely).
1. The father of Abinadab. 1 Kings 4:14.
2. A descendant of Gershom, son of Levi. 1 Chronicles 6:21.
3. Son of Zechariah, ruler of the tribe of Manasseh, east of Jordan, in the time of David. 1 Chronicles 27:21. (B.C. 1014).
4. A seer, whose "visions" against Jeroboam, incidentally, contained some of the acts of Solomon. 2 Chronicles 9:29. He appears to have written a chronicle or story relating to the life and reign of Abijah. 2 Chronicles 13:22. (B.C. 961).
5. The grandfather of the prophet, Zechariah. Zechariah 1:1; Zechariah 1:7.
6. The chief of those, who assembled at Casiphia, at the time of the second caravan from Babylon. He was one of the Nethinim. Ezra 8:17. Compare Ezra 8:20. (B.C. 536).
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. Entry for 'Iddo'. Smith's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/sbd/i/iddo.html. 1901.