Old & New Testament Greek Lexical Dictionary
#586 - ἀποδεκατόω
- to give, pay a tithe of anything
- to exact receive a tenth from anyone
I tithe, take a tenth of, τι LXX 1 Samuel 8:16; πάντα Luke 18:12; ἀ. τὸν λαόν take tithe of them, Hebrews 7:5; δεκάτην ἀ. τινός LXX Deuteronomy 14:22.
II pay tithe of, τι LXX Genesis 28:22, Matthew 23:23, etc.
† ἀπο -δεκατεύω
= ἀποδεκατόω , q.v.,
to tithe, pay a tenth of: Luke 18:12.†
† ἀπο -δεκατοω ,
[in LXX for H6237 in both senses foll., e.g. (1) Genesis 28:22 (2) 1 Samuel 8:15;]
1. c. acc rei, to tithe, pay a tenth of: Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42.
2. C. acc pers., to exact tithes from: Hebrews 7:5.
3. to decimate (Socr., HE, 573 A; v. Kennedy, Sources, 117).†
the Seventh Week after Easter