Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #7967 - שַׁלֻּם
Shallum = “retribution”
1) son of Jabesh, conspirator and slayer of king Zachariah of the northern kingdom of Israel ending the dynasty of Jehu; assumed the throne and became the 15th king of the northern kingdom; reigned for one month and was killed by Menahem
2) the 3rd son of king Josiah of Judah and subsequent king of Judah; reigned for 3 months before he was taken captive to Egypt where he was placed in chains and later died
2a) also ‘Jehoahaz’
3) husband of Huldah the prophetess in the reign of king Josiah of Judah. Maybe the same as 4
4) uncle of Jeremiah the prophet. Maybe the same as 3
5) a Simeonite, son of Shaul and grandson of Simeon
6) a Judaite, son of Sisamai and father of Jekamiah in the family of Jerahmeel
7) an Ephraimite, father of Jehizkiah
8) a son of Naphtali
9) a Korahite Levite, chief of a family of gatekeepers for the east gate of the temple
9a) maybe same as 13
10) son of Halohesh and ruler of a district of Jerusalem; also repairer of the wall of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah
11) a priest, of the family of Eleazar, son of Zadok and father of Hilkiah in the family line of Ezra
12) a Korahite Levite, son of Kore, father of Maaseiah, and in charge of the work of the service. Maybe same as 9
13) a Levite gatekeeper who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
14) a Levite and descendant of Bani who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
שַׁלֻּם (“retribution”), pr.n. Shallum, borne by
(1) a king of the kingdom of Israel (773, 772, b.c.), -2 Ki. 15:1015.
(2) a king of Judah, the son of Josiah and younger brother of kings Jehoiakim and Zedekiah; prob. the same as יְהוֹאָחָז No. 2, Jeremiah 22:11 see Rosenm. on the passage.
(3) the husband of Huldah the prophetess, 2 Kings 22:14.
(4) other men, Ezra 2:42, 7:2 10:24, 42 Ezra 10:42; Nehemiah 3:12, 7:45 1 Chronicles 2:40, etc.
the Seventh Week after Easter