"From the MLJ Archive" with "Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones"
The World that Wants Peace
Acts 4:31-35 - Man's desire for peace; man not God-centred but self-centred; why pacifism fails; the need for a new heart; Christ's way of peace : the Cross.
The Power of the Resurrection
- Sunday, April 16, 2017John 3:8
- The supernatural fact of the Resurrection; the experience of the Resurrection in the life of the believer; the unbeliever is dead in trespasses and sins; the biggest fool of all is the 'religious' person.
The Work of The Holy Spirit
- Sunday, April 9, 2017Acts 4:29-33
- The Spirit in preaching and miracles; the Spirit as the power of God; the Spirit that convicts; but not always convinces; the Spirit that reveals; the blindness of the world; the defeat of Satan.
Father; Son and Holy Spirit
- Sunday, April 2, 2017Acts 4:31
- Beyond the understanding of man; the Trinity in Old and New Testament; the teaching concerning the Holy Spirit; the promise of God; the Trinity in redemption; the Holy Spirit and revival.
Why Do the Nations rage?
- Sunday, March 26, 2017Psalms 2:1-12
; Acts 4:25-26
- The restless world; man and his Utopia; man in rebellion; the plan and purpose of God; the need for forgiveness.
The Living God
- Sunday, March 19, 2017Acts 4:23-24
- How do we know we are Christians? do we pray? prayer; two views: negative and positive; the personal God; the Creator God; the power unto salvation.
The Message Calls for a Decision
- Sunday, March 12, 2017Acts 4:13-22
- If no decision; then message has not been heard; transient value of worldly interests; prejudice produces unbelief; persecution a continuing fact; civilising influence of the Christian Church.
Saved to Serve
- Sunday, March 5, 2017Acts 4:18-20
- The effect of the Gospel on those who believe in it; a fundamental and radical change; mastered by Christ; prepared to die for the Gospel; saved to save.
The Apostles as Witnesses
- Sunday, February 26, 2017Acts 4:19-20
- The unchanging message of the Gospel; the Apostles and prophets as messengers; Christianity a fact; Apostles as witnesses of Christ; the fact of the Son of God.
The Authentic Marks of Christianity
- Sunday, February 19, 2017Acts 4:13
- Christianity a phenomenon; the phenomenon that the world does not understand; the supernatural message; God's kingdom not entered by man's learning.
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
the Second Week after Easter