"From the MLJ Archive" with "Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones"
Why Do the Nations rage?
The Living God
- Sunday, March 19, 2017Acts 4:23-24
- How do we know we are Christians? do we pray? prayer; two views: negative and positive; the personal God; the Creator God; the power unto salvation.
The Message Calls for a Decision
- Sunday, March 12, 2017Acts 4:13-22
- If no decision; then message has not been heard; transient value of worldly interests; prejudice produces unbelief; persecution a continuing fact; civilising influence of the Christian Church.
Saved to Serve
- Sunday, March 5, 2017Acts 4:18-20
- The effect of the Gospel on those who believe in it; a fundamental and radical change; mastered by Christ; prepared to die for the Gospel; saved to save.
The Apostles as Witnesses
- Sunday, February 26, 2017Acts 4:19-20
- The unchanging message of the Gospel; the Apostles and prophets as messengers; Christianity a fact; Apostles as witnesses of Christ; the fact of the Son of God.
The Authentic Marks of Christianity
- Sunday, February 19, 2017Acts 4:13
- Christianity a phenomenon; the phenomenon that the world does not understand; the supernatural message; God's kingdom not entered by man's learning.
Son of God; Son of Man
- Sunday, February 12, 2017Acts 4:12
- Exclusive claim of Christianity; the intellectual approach; salvation entirely the work of Christ; man's need of a new nature; Son of God/Son of man; Man's need of salvation.
Jesus; the Cornerstone
- Sunday, February 5, 2017Acts 4:11
- Over-estimation of self; the 'big view' of the Gospel; the cornerstone revealed; the Architect; Builder and Foundation.
Rejection and Unbelief
- Sunday, January 29, 2017Acts 4:11-12
- Early rejection of the Gospel; and the reason for it; the unifying force of unbelief; Sadducees and modern moralities; the message of Peter and John; ecumenism.
The Tragedy of Unbelief
- Sunday, January 22, 2017
Acts 4:8-10 - The first Christian persecution; the messengers rejected; why the authorities rejected the evidence; the response of modern man.
Monday, March 27th, 2017
the Fourth Week of Lent
There are 20 days til Easter!