Click here to learn more!
Smith's Bible Dictionary
1. A man of the descendants of Judah, son of Appaim, 1 Chronicles 2:31, one of the great house of Hezron.
2. In a subsequent genealogy of Judah, we find another Ishi, with a son, Zoheth. 1 Chronicles 4:20.
3. Head of a family of the tribe of Simeon. 1 Chronicles 4:42.
4. One of the heads of the tribe of Manasseh on the east of Jordan. 1 Chronicles 5:24.
5. This word occurs in Hosea 2:16. It is the Israelite term, in opposition to Baali, the Canaanite term, with the same meaning, though with a significance of its own.
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. Entry for 'Ishi'. Smith's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/sbd/i/ishi.html. 1901.