Click here to get started today!
Two Types of Information are gathered:
- Membership data, which you provide directly in order to participate in certain services or site areas and which may or may not require both demographic information (name, email address, and so on) and preference information (username, password, desired email subscriptions, and so on),
- Usage information, which is automatically provided by each user's browser for each page requested on our site (commonly referred to as web site log data).
This is strictly for internal use and is not provided to any third parties such as advertisers. StudyLight.org will not disclose any individual user's name, e-mail address without such user's prior consent, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant.
StudyLight.org does not knowingly accept or use personal profile information from children 12 years old or younger.
Usage (log) Data
StudyLight does gather and analyze users' current Internet Protocol (IP) addresses -- an address typically assigned to individual browsers by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) -- to help with a variety of site management issues, none of which allow for connecting your IP address with your personal identity. For example, log data is used to:
- diagnose server problems,
- evaluate the sources of user traffic (ie. where visitors clicked from to reach the site),
- determine traffic patterns through the site (to build better internal links and improve visitors ability to find what they want),
- understand and optimize the site for the broadest selection of browser types (again, to improve your experience).
- you can get customized (ie. selected by you) information without having to ask for it every visit,
- you only have to log-in once - when it's even necessary - when you visit certain "members-only" areas,
Finally, cookies do not provide StudyLight.org with information about who you are or where you go on the Internet when you are not at our site.
StudyLight.org acquires no personal or registration data about our users except what you explicitly and voluntarily provide (ie. membership or opt-in). We reserve the right to use this information specifically for the purposes related to your registration and generally for any necessary future communication regarding your registration or status.
As part of your subscription, from time to time we will deliver messages from the ministry that might be of specific interest to you.
Correcting and Updating
User registration data can be corrected or updated by using our convenient contact form
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may place cookies our use your IP address or other aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number), about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
You may also use our convenient contact form to deactivate an account or delete an account and have it removed from our database.
the Week of Proper 6 / Ordinary 11