Click here to get started today!
Smith's Bible Dictionary
Mi'chael. (who is like God?).
1. An Asherite, father of Sethur, one of the twelve spies. Numbers 13:13.
2. One of the Gadites, who settled in the land of Bashan. 1 Chronicles 5:13.
3. Another Gadite, ancestor of Abihail. 1 Chronicles 5:14.
4. A Gershionite Levite, ancestor of Asaph. 1 Chronicles 6:40.
5 . One of the five sons of Izrahiah, of the tribe of Issachar. 1 Chronicles 7:3.
6. A Benjamite, of the sons of Beriah. 1 Chronicles 8:16.
7. One of the captains of the "thousands" of Manasse, h who joined David at Ziklag. 1 Chronicles 12:20.
8. The father or ancestor of Omri, chief of the tribe of Issachar, in the reign of David. 1 Chronicles 27:18.
9. One of the sons of Jehoshaphat, who were murdered by their elder brother, Jehoram. 2 Chronicles 21:2; 2 Chronicles 21:4.
10 . The father or ancestor of Zebadiah, of the sons of Shephatiah. Ezra 8:8.
11. "One," or "the first, of the chief princes" or archangels, Daniel 10:21, as the "prince" of Israel, and in Daniel 12:1 as "the great prince which standeth" in time conflict "for the children of thy people."
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. Entry for 'Michael'. Smith's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/sbd/m/michael.html. 1901.