Consider helping today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #01954 - הוֹשֵׁעַ
Hosea or Hoshea or Oshea = “salvation”
1) family name of Joshua, the son of Nun
2) the 19th and last king of the northern kingdom of Israel
3) son of Beeri, and the first of the minor prophets; prophet to the northern kingdom of Israel in the reign of Jeroboam II
4) a son of Azaziah, a chief of Ephraim in the time of David
5) an Israelite chief who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
הוֹשֵׁעַ (“welfare” [salvation ]), [Oshea, Hoshea], Hosea, pr.n.
(1) this was the original name of Joshua, the minister and successor of Moses [as leader of Israel], Numbers 13:8, 16 Numbers 13:16.
(2) a king of Israel, 2 Kings 15:30, 17:1, seq; 18:1, seq.
(3) a prophet. LXX. Ὠσηέ. Hosea 1:1,.
the Second Week of Advent