Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #03100 - יוֹאֵל
Joel = “Jehovah is God”
1) son of Pethuel and the 2nd of the 12 minor prophets with a book by his name; probably prophesied in the time of king Uzziah of Judah
2) eldest son of Samuel the prophet and father of Heman the singer
3) a Simeonite chief
4) a Reubenite
5) a chief of Gad
6) son of Izrahiah and a chief of Issachar
7) brother of Nathan of Zobah and one of David’s mighty warriors
8) son of Pedaiah and a chief of the half tribe of Manasseh west of the Jordan in the time of David
9) a son of Nebo who returned with Ezra and had a foreign wife
10) a Benjamite, son of Zichri
11) a Levite
12) a Kohathite Levite in the reign of Hezekiah
13) a Gershonite Levite chief in the time of David
14) a Gershonite Levite, son of Jehiel and a descendant of Laadan
יוֹאֵל (“to whom Jehovah is God,” i.e. worshipper of Jehovah), pr.n. Joel
(1) a prophet, son of Pethuel, Joel 1:1.
(2) the eldest son of Samuel, 1 Samuel 8:2.
(3) a son of king Uzziah, 1 Chronicles 6:21 for which (by a manifest [transcriptural] error), there is, verse 1 Chronicles 6:9, שָׁאוּל; also the name of others.
the First Week of Advent