Click here to learn more!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #029 - אֲבִיָּהוּ
Abia or Abiah or Abijah = “Jehovah is (my) father”
1) king of Judah, son and successor of Rehoboam
2) second son of Samuel
3) son of Jeroboam the first, king of Israel
4) son of Becher, a Benjamite
5) head of a priestly house (one of the 24 Levite groups)
6) head of a priestly house (after the exile)
7) wife of Hezron
8) mother of Hezekiah (compare H21)
אֲבִיָּהוּ (“whose father is Jehovah”) and אֲבִיָּה (id.), pr.n. Abijah, king of Judah, the son and successor of Rehoboam, 2 Ch, 13:1, sqq. constantly written אֲבִיָּם in Kings: 1 Kings 14:31, 15:1, 1 Kings 15:7, 1 Kings 15:8, “father of the sea,” i.e. maritime man.
the First Week of Advent