Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #03414 - יִרְמְיָה
Jeremiah = “whom Jehovah has appointed”
1) the major prophet, son of Hilkiah of the priestly family in Anathoth; author of the prophetic book bearing his name
2) a man of Libnah and father of Hamutal the wife of king Josiah
3) a Gadite who joined David at Ziklag
4) a Manassehite, one of the mighty men of valour of the Transjordanic half tribe of Manasseh
5) a Gadite and warrior of David
6) a warrior of David
7) a priest who joined Nehemiah in the covenant ceremony
8) a priest also in the time of Nehemiah; maybe same as 7
9) father of Jaazaniah the Rechabites
יִרְמְיָה & יִרְמְיָהוּ (יִרְמֶה יָהוּ probably “whom Jehovah has appointed,” from רמה in the Chald. usage), Jeremiah. LXX. Ἱερεμίας, pr.n.
(1) of a very celebrated prophet, son of Hilkiah the priest, Jeremiah 1:1, 27:1 Daniel 9:2, etc.
(2) 1 Chronicles 12:13.
(3) 2 Kings 23:31 comp. Jeremiah 35:3.
(4) 1 Chronicles 5:24.
(7) Nehemiah 10:3, 12:1.
the Third Week after Easter