Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #06105 - עָצַם
1) to be vast, be numerous, be mighty
1a1) to be mighty
1a2) to be numerous
1b) (Hiphil) to make strong, make mighty
2) to shut (the eyes), close (the eyes)
2a) (Qal) to shut (the eyes)
2b) (Piel) to shut tightly (the eyes)
V) myo (אהתסמ AhTsM) - I. Abundant:To be strong in might or numbers. From the abundant number of bones in the body. II. Shut:[Unknown connection to root;] KJV (20): (vf: Paal, Hiphil, Piel) increase, mighty, strong, more, broken, close, great, shut - Strongs: H6105 (עָצַם)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
(1) prop. to bind, to bind fast, to tie up; as the eyes, Isaiah 33:15 see Piel. (Arabic عصم IV., to tie up a skin bottle; and more commonly عصب to tie. It is kindred to the verbs צָמַם, زمّ (צָמַד), also אָטַם, חָתַם, טְמַם). From the idea of tying (see גָּבַר, קָשַׁר ) it is
(2) intrans. once Med. E. עָצֵֽמוּ (Psalms 38:20), to be strong, powerful, Genesis 26:16 to become strong, Exodus 1:7, 20 Daniel 8:8, 24 11:23 (Arabic عَظُمَ to be great, of great importance; عِظْمُ greatness; عَظِبمُ great).
(3) to be strong in number, to be numerous, Psalms 38:20, 40:6, 13 Psalms 40:13(see עָצוּם ).
(1) i.q. Kal No. 1, Isaiah 29:10.
(2) denom. from עֶצֶם to break or to gnaw bones, Jeremiah 50:17. Compare גֵּרֵם.
Hiphil, to make strong, Psalms 105:24.
Derivatives [עָצוּם] עֶצֶם-עַצֻּמֹות and תַּעֲצֻמֹות.
Saturday in Easter Week