Click here to get started today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #06118 - עֵקֶב
1) consequence (noun masculine)
1b) consequence, gain, reward
2) as a consequence, because, consequently (adverb)
3) as a consequence of, that, because (conjunction)
Nm) bqo (אהקב AhQB) - I. Heel:What is restrained when taking a step forward. II. Because:In the sense of being on the heel of something else. KJV (29): heel, footstep, horsehoof, at last, step, liers, because, reward, end, by, for, if - Strongs: H6118 (עֵקֶב), H6119 (עִקְּבָה), H6120 (עָקֵב)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
(1) the end, the latter part of anything (Arab. عُقْبُ); also as an adv. unto the end, continually, Psalms 119:33, 112 Psalms 119:112.
(2) wages, reward, as if the end, the result of labour; compare λοισθήϊα, reward, from λοῖσθος, last. Psalms 19:12; Proverbs 22:4. And so עַל־עֵקֶב Psal. 40:16 70:4 and עֵקֶב Isaiah 5:23, in reward of, i.e. on account of; and as a conj. because that, because, Numbers 14:24; Deuteronomy 7:12 fully עֵקֶב אֲשֶׁר Genesis 26:5, and עֵקֶב כִּי Amos 4:12.
the Week of Proper 6 / Ordinary 11