Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #07667 - שֵׁבֶר
1) breaking, fracture, crushing, breach, crash, ruin, shattering
1a) breaking, fracture, shattering, crushing
1c) breaking (of a dream), interpretation
V) rbs (סהבר ShBR) - I. Burst:To burst out or through. [Hebrew and Aramaic] II. Exchange:To buy or sell produce, usually grain. [denominative of the noun meaning grain] KJV (172): (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hiphil, Hophal, Piel, Participle) break, destroy, hurt, tear, birth, crush, quench, buy, sell - Strongs: H7665 (שָׁבַר), H7666 (שָׁבַר), H8406 (תְּבַר)
Nm) rbs (סהבר ShBR) - I. Shattering: II. Grain:As being burst open on the threshing floor or in the millstone. KJV (53): destruction, breach, hurt, breaking, affliction, bruise, crashing, interpretation, vexation, corn, victuals - Strongs: H7667 (שֵׁבֶר), H7668 (שֶׁבֶר)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
שֵׁבֶר more often שֶׁבֶר with suff. שִׁבְרי m.
(1) a breaking, breach, fracture, of a wall, Isaiah 30:13, 14 Isaiah 30:14 of a member, Leviticus 21:19, 24:20 metaph. used of the breaches and wounds of a state, Psalms 60:4 of the mind (i.e. of sorrow), Isaiah 65:14.
(2) the breaking, i.e. the solution, interpretation, of a dream, Judges 7:15.
(3) destruction, as of a kingdom, Lamentations 2:11, 3:47 of individual men, Proverbs 16:18; Isaiah 1:28. עַד הַשְּׁבָרִים even to destruction, Joshua 7:5.
(4) terror (from the mind being broken, see חָתַת ), pl. שְׁבָרִים terrors, Job 41:17.
(5) corn, grain (which is broken in a mill), Genesis 42:1, seq.; Amos 8:5. Hence denom. שָׁבַר No. 5, and Hiphil, No. 2. [pr.n. m. 1 Chronicles 2:48.]
the Sixth Week after Easter