Click here to get started today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #06486 - פְּקֻדָּה
1) oversight, care, custody, mustering, visitation, store
1a) visitation, punishment
1b) oversight, charge, office, overseer, class of officers
2630) dqp (פקד PQD) AC: Oversee CO: Overseer AB: Oversight: The role of the overseer is to watch over, direct, command, chastise, review and count those in his charge for the purpose of producing work. [from: qp]
V) dqp (פקד PQD) - I. Oversee:To closely inspect. II. Count:As an overseeing of numbers. KJV (305): (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hiphil, Hitpael, Hophal, Pual, Piel) number, visit, punish, appoint, commit, miss, set, charge, governor, lack, oversight, officer, count, empty, ruler, overseer, judgement - Strongs: H6485 (פָּקַד)
df1) edfqp (פקודה PQWDH) - I. Oversight:A careful watching over. II. Number:As counted. KJV (32): visitation, office, charge, oversight, officer, ordering, account, custody, number - Strongs: H6486 (פְּקֻדָּה)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
(1) muster, enumeration (see the root 1, c), 1 Chronicles 23:11.
(2) care, oversight (see the root 1, d), Job 10:12 specially custody, ward, i.q. מִשְׁמָר, מִשְׁמֶרֶת 2 Kings 11:18; 2 Chronicles 23:18 בֵּית הַפְּקֻדּוֹת house of custody, a prison, Jeremiah 52:11.
(3) office, charge, oversight (root 2, a), Num. 4:16 2 Chronicles 23:18; Psalms 109:8. Concr. officers, 2 Chronicles 24:11; Isaiah 60:17.
(4) riches, which any one lays up (by him), and guards, Isaiah 15:7.
(5) punishment (see the root No. 3), Isaiah 10:3 pl. Ezekiel 9:1.
the Week of Proper 6 / Ordinary 11