Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #07136 - קָרָה
1) to encounter, meet, befall, happen, come to meet
1a1) to encounter, meet
1a2) to befall
1b1) to encounter, meet (without pre-arrangement)
1b2) to chance to be present
1b3) to come to meet
1c) (Hiphil) to cause to meet, appoint
2) to build with beams
2a) (Piel) to lay the beams of, furnish with beams
1434) rq (קר QR) AC: Call CO: Meeting AB: Event: The pictograph q is a picture of the sun at the horizon and the gathering of the light, the r is a picture of the head of a man. Combined these mean "gather the men". The meeting or bringing together of people or objects by arrangement, accident or purchase. (eng: occur; call - with the exchange of the l and r)
V) arq (קרא QRA) - I. Call:To call or call out, to call a name or give a name. [Hebrew and Aramaic] II. Meet:To come together to meet. Also a chance encounter. III. Read:To read a scroll in the presence of those called to a meeting. KJV (883): (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hiphil, Pual) call, cry, read, proclaim, name, guest, invite, gave, renown, bidden, preach, read, cry, call, befall, encounter, chance, happen, met, fall, meet, against, come, help, seek - Strongs: H7121 (קָרָא), H7122 (קָרָא), H7123 (קְרָא), H7125 (קִרְאָה)
Nm) rqi (יקר YQR) - I. Precious:Something of value. [Hebrew and Aramaic] II. Value:Something counted as valuable. [Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (60): precious, costly, excellent, brightness, clear, fat, reputation, honourable, glory, honour, precious, price - Strongs: H3366 (יְקָר), H3367 (יְקָר), H3368 (יָקָר)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
קָרָה f. (from the root קָרַר) cold, Proverbs 25:20.
קָרָה fut. יִקְרֶה, apoc. יִקֶר i.q. קָרָא No. II
(I) to meet, to go to meet any one, in a hostile sense, followed by an acc., Deuteronomy 25:18 see Niphal.
(2) to happen, to befall, Isaiah 41:22 followed by an acc. of pers., Genesis 44:29; 1 Samuel 28:10; Esther 4:7, 6:13 Ecclesiastes 2:14, 9:11 followed by לְ Daniel 10:14; Ruth 2:3, וַיִּקֶר מִקְרֶהָ חֶלְקַת הַשָּׂדֶה לְבֹעַז “and her chance happened (ein ihr günftiger Zufall wollte) that it was the field of Boaz.”
(1) to meet, to be made to meet, Numbers 23:15 followed by עַל (like the Germ. auf jem. ftoßen), Exodus 3:18 (compare 5:3 ), followed by אֶל Numbers 23:4, 16 Numbers 23:16 followed by לִקְרַאת verse Numbers 23:3.
(2) to be by chance, to happen, 2 Samuel 1:6. Compare קָרָא Niphal.
Piel קֵרָה to lay beams or joists, prop. to make the beams to meet one another (compare קוֹרָה a beam), 2 Chronicles 34:11; Nehemiah 2:8, 3:3, hence to frame, to build, Psalms 104:3.
(1) to cause to meet, followed by לִפְנֵי Genesis 27:20, 24:12, הַקְרֵה־נָא לְפָנַי הַיּוֹם “cause to happen to me this day” (what I seek).
(2) to make opportune, i.e. to choose for one’s self what is opportune, convenient, Numbers 35:11.
Derivatives, קָרֶה, קוֹרָה, קְרִי, קִרְיָה, קֶרֶת, מִקְרֶה, מְקָרֶה, and the pr.n. קַרְתָּה, קַרְתָּן, קְרִיּוֹת.