Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #3368 - יָקָר
1) valuable, prized, weighty, precious, rare, splendid
1a2) precious, highly valued
1a3) precious stones or jewels
1c) glorious, splendid
1d) weighty, influential
1434) rq (קר QR) AC: Call CO: Meeting AB: Event: The pictograph q is a picture of the sun at the horizon and the gathering of the light, the r is a picture of the head of a man. Combined these mean "gather the men". The meeting or bringing together of people or objects by arrangement, accident or purchase. (eng: occur; call - with the exchange of the l and r)
V) arq (קרא QRA) - I. Call:To call or call out, to call a name or give a name. [Hebrew and Aramaic] II. Meet:To come together to meet. Also a chance encounter. III. Read:To read a scroll in the presence of those called to a meeting. KJV (883): (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hiphil, Pual) call, cry, read, proclaim, name, guest, invite, gave, renown, bidden, preach, read, cry, call, befall, encounter, chance, happen, met, fall, meet, against, come, help, seek - Strongs: H7121 (קָרָא), H7122 (קָרָא), H7123 (קְרָא), H7125 (קִרְאָה)
Nm) rqi (יקר YQR) - I. Precious:Something of value. [Hebrew and Aramaic] II. Value:Something counted as valuable. [Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (60): precious, costly, excellent, brightness, clear, fat, reputation, honourable, glory, honour, precious, price - Strongs: H3366 (יְקָר), H3367 (יְקָר), H3368 (יָקָר)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
יָקָר m. יְקָרָה fem. adj. prop. heavy, see the verb; hence
(1) precious. אֶבֶן יְקָרָה collect. precious stones, gems, 1 Kings 10:2, 10 1 Kings 10:10, 11 1 Kings 10:11 also, of the better kinds of stone used in building houses, as of marble, of stones cut square, 2 Chronicles 3:6 plur. אֲבָנִים יְקָרוֹת 1 Ki. 5:31 7:9, seq. Metaph. Psal. 36:8, מַה־יָּקָר חַסְדְּךָ אֱלֹהִים “how precious is thy lovingkindness, O God!” Psalms 116:15, compared with 72:14.
(2) dear. Psalms 45:10, “the daughters of kings are amongst thy dear ones,” i.e. amongst thy damsels. בִּיקְּרוֹתֶיךָ by a Syriacism for בְּיִּקְּרֹתֶיךָ, with Dag. forte euphon.
(3) heavy, i.e. honoured, Ecclesiastes 10:1.
(4) magnificent, splendid, Job 31:26. Subst. magnificence, beauty. Psalms 37:20, כִּיקַר כָּרִים “like the beauty of the pastures,” i.e. grass.
(5) rare, 1 Samuel 3:1.
(6) Proverbs 17:27, יְקַר־רוּחַ in קרי, perhaps “with a quiet spirit,” compared with Arab. وقر to be quiet, meek. In כתיב it is וְקַר רוּחַ.
the Second Week after Easter