Book Introduction - 1 Kings
First Kings records the death of David, the reign of Solomon, the building of the temple, death of Solomon, division of the kingdom under Rehoboam and Jeroboam, and the history of the two kingdoms to the reign of Jehoram over Judah, and Ahaziah over Samaria. Includes the mighty ministry of Elijah.
The book is in six parts:
1. From the rebellion of Adonijah to the death of David, 1 Kings 1 Kings 1:1 to 1 Kings 2:11.
2. From the accession of Solomon to the dedication of the temple, 1 Kings 1 Kings 2:12 to 1 Kings 8:66.
3. From the division of the kingdom to the death of Jeroboam and Rehoboam, 1 Kings 12:1 to 1 Kings 14:31.
4. The kingdoms to the accession of Ahab, 1 Kings 15:1 to 1 Kings 16:28.
5. Accession of Ahab to his death, 1 Kings 16:29 to 1 Kings 22:40.
6. From the reign of Jehoshaphat to the accession of Jehoram over Judah, and Ahaziah over Samaria, 1 Kings 22:41-53.
The events recorded in First Kings cover a period of 118 years (Ussher).
These files are considered public domain and are a derivative of an electronic edition that is available in the Online Bible Software Library.
Scofield, C. I. "Scofield Reference Notes on 1 Kings". "Scofield Reference Notes (1917 Edition)". https://www.studylight.org/
the Second Week after Epiphany