Consider helping today!
Charles Buck Theological Dictionary
Care of God
Is his attention to and concern for the promotion of the welfare of his creatures, 1 Peter 5:7 .
1. That God does manifest this care is evident from the blessings we enjoy, the ordinances he has instituted, the promises he has given, and the provision he has made, Psalms 84:11 . Matthew 7:12 .
2. This care is entirely free, and unmerited on our part. Genesis 32:10 . Deuteronomy 7:6 . Romans 3:23 .
3. It is every way extensive, reaching to all his creatures and to all cases. Psalms 145:1-21 :
4. It is superior to all human care and attention. He cares for us when others cannot; when others will not care for us; or when we cannot or will not care for ourselves. Psalms 142:4-5 . Jeremiah 49:11 . Psalms 41:3 .
5. It is not only great, but perpetual. Through all the scenes of live, in death, and for ever. Hebrews 13:5 . John 17:9 .
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Buck, Charles. Entry for 'Care of God'. Charles Buck Theological Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/cbd/c/care-of-god.html. 1802.