Click to donate today!
Smith's Bible Dictionary
1. The daughter of Nahor, by his concubine Beumah. Genesis 22:24.
2. The father of Achish, who was king of Gath, at the beginning of Solomon's reign. 1 Kings 2:39.
3. The daughter, or more probably granddaughter, of Absalom named after his mother; the third and favorite wife of Rehoboam, and mother of Abijah. 1 Kings 15:22; 2 Chronicles 11:20-22. The mother of Abijah is elsewhere called "Michaiah the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah." 2 Chronicles 13:2. During the reign of her grandson, Asa, she occupied at the court of Judah, the high position of "king's mother," compare 1 Kings 15:13, but when he came of age, she was removed because of her idolatrous habits. 2 Chronicles 15:16.
4. The concubine of Caleb, the son of Hezron. 1 Chronicles 2:48.
5. The daughter of Talmai, king of Geshur, and mother of Absalom, 1 Chronicles 3:2, also called Maacah in Authorized Version of 2 Samuel 3:3.
6. The wife of Machir, the Manassite. 1 Chronicles 7:15-16.
7. The wife of Jehiel, father or founder of Gibeon. 1 Chronicles 8:20; 1 Chronicles 9:35.
8. The father of Hanan, one of the heroes of David body-guard. 2 Chronicles 11:43.
9. A Simeonite, father of Sephatiah, prince of his tribe in the reign of David. 1 Chronicles 27:16.
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. Entry for 'Maachah'. Smith's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/sbd/m/maachah.html. 1901.