Click to donate today!
Smith's Bible Dictionary
1. The father of Hadadezer, king of Zobah, whom David smote at the Euphrates. 2 Samuel 8:3; 2 Samuel 8:12. (B.C. before 1043).
2. A Levite or family of Levites, who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah. Nehemiah 10:11. (B.C. 410).
3. The northern limit of the exploration of the spies. Numbers 13:21. Robinson fixes the position of Rehob, as not far from Tell el-Kady and Banias.
4. One of the towns, allotted to Asher. Joshua 19:28.
5. Asher contained another Rehob, Joshua 19:30, but the situation of these towns is unknown.
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. Entry for 'Rehob'. Smith's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/sbd/r/rehob.html. 1901.