Click here to get started today!
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
(1) King of Judah. See separate article.
(2) Son of Ahilud. He was recorder under David (2 Samuel 8:16; 2 Samuel 20:24; 1 Chronicles 18:15 ) and Solomon (1 Kings 4:3 ).
(3) Son of Paruah, and Solomon's overseer in Issachar to provide victuals for the royal household for one month of the year (1 Kings 4:17 ).
(4) Son of Nimshi, and father of Jehu, king of Northern Israel (2 Kings 9:2 , 2 Kings 9:14 ). His name is omitted in 2 Kings 9:20 and 1 Kings 19:16 , where Jehu is called "son of Nimshi."
(5) The King James Version (but not Hebrew) in 1 Chronicles 15:24; the Revised Version (British and American) correctly JOSHAPHAT (which see).
These files are public domain and were generously provided by the folks at WordSearch Software.
Orr, James, M.A., D.D. General Editor. Entry for 'Jehoshaphat (1)'. International Standard Bible Encyclopedia. https://www.studylight.org/encyclopedias/eng/isb/j/jehoshaphat-1.html. 1915.