Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #03058 - יֵהוּא
Jehu = “Jehovah is He”
1) the king of the northern kingdom Israel who overthrew the dynasty of Omri
2) son of Hanani and an Israelite prophet in the time of Baasha and Jehoshaphat
3) the Antothite, a Benjamite, one of David’s mighty warriors
4) a descendant of Judah of the house of Hezron
5) son of Josibiah and a chief of the tribe of Simeon
יֵהוּא Jehu, pr.n. (perhaps i.q. יְהוֹהוּא [“for יְהֵי הוּא”] “Jehovah is He,” like יֵשׁוּעַ for יְהוֹשׁוּעַ).
(1) of a king of Israel, who, after exterminating the dynasty of Ahab, held the kingdom from 844-56, B.C.; he was very much opposed to [some kinds of] idolatry, but very cruel, 2 Ki. chap. and 10.
(2) of a prophet living in the kingdom of Israel, in the time of Baasha, 1 Kings 16:1; 2 Chronicles 19:2, 20:34.
(3) of others of little note.
Saturday in Easter Week