Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #1263 - בָּרוּךְ
Baruch = “blessed”
1) friend, amanuensis, and faithful attendant of Jeremiah
2) a priest, the son of Zabbai who assisted Nehemiah in rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem
3) a priest, or family of priests, who signed the covenant with Nehemiah
4) son of Col-hozeh, a descendant of Perez or Pharez, the son of Judah
1 friend and amanuensis of Jeremiah Jeremiah 32:12,13,16; Jeremiah 36:4-32; Jeremiah 43:3,6; Jeremiah 45:1,2.
2 a priest, son of Zabbai (Zaccai) Nehemiah 3:20; Nehemiah 10:7.
3 son of Colhozeh, of the tribe of Judah Nehemiah 11:5.
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc.
All rights reserved. Used by permission. BibleSoft.com
בָּרוּךְ (“blessed”), Baruch, pr. name
(1) of a friend and companion of Jeremiah the prophet, to whom an apocryphal book is ascribed. -Jer. 32:1216 ; 36:4, seq.; -43:36 ; 45:1, Jeremiah 45:2.
(2) Nehemiah 3:20, 10:7.
(3) Nehemiah 11:5.
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary developed by Jeff Garrison for StudyLight.org.
Copyright 1999-2023. All Rights Reserved, Jeff Garrison, Gdansk, Poland.