free while helping to build churches and support pastors in Uganda.
Click here to learn more!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #2066 - זָבָד
Zabad = “he endows”
1) a descendant of Judah; son of Nathan, grandson of Attai, great grandson of Ahlai Sheshan’s daughter
2) son of Tahath
3) one of David’s mighty warriors (could be the same as 1 above)
4) son of Shimeath, an Ammonitess; a conspirator against and, with Jehozabad, the murderer of Joash (also called ‘Jozachar’)
5) one of the sons of Zattu, who put away his foreign wife at the command of Ezra
6) one of the descendants of Hashum, who, in the time of Ezra, had a foreign wife
7) one of the sons of Nebo, who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
זָבָד (“gift”), [Zabad], pr.n. m.
(1) 1 Chronicles 2:36.
(2) 1 Chronicles 7:21.
(3) ibid. 11:41.
(4) 2 Chronicles 24:26. In the parallel passage, 2 Ki. 12:22, it is יוֹזָכָר.
the Week of Proper 24 / Ordinary 29