Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #2608 - חֲנַנְיָה
Hananiah = “God has favoured”
2) one of the 14 sons of Heman and chief of the 16th course
3) a general in the army of King Uzziah
4) father of Zedekiah in the time of Jehoiakim
5) son of Azur, a Benjamite of Gibeon and a false prophet in the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah
6) grandfather of Irijah, the captain of the ward at the gate of Benjamin who arrested Jeremiah on the charge of deserting to the Chaldeans
7) a head of a Benjamite house
8) son of Zerubbabel from whom Christ derived His descent also called ‘Joanna’ by Luke
9) one of the sons of Bebai who returned with Ezra from Babylon
10) a priest, one of the makers of the sacred ointments and incense, who built a portion of the wall of Jerusalem in the days of Nehemiah
11) head of the priestly course of Jeremiah in the days of Joiakim
12) ruler of the palace at Jerusalem under Nehemiah and also, along with Hanani, the Tirshatha’s brother, entrusted with the arrangements of guarding the gates of Jerusalem
13) Two post exilic Israelites
חֲנַנְיָה [and ׳הוּ] (“whom Jehovah gave”), [Hananiah], Greek Ἀνανίας, pr.n.
(1) of a false prophet, cotemporary with Jeremiah, Jeremiah 28:1, seq.
(2) of a companion of Daniel, afterwards called Shadrach, Daniel 1:6, also of others.
Saturday in Easter Week