the First Week of Advent
Click here to join the effort!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #3129 - יוֹנָתָן
Jonathan or Jehonathan = “Jehovah has given”
1) a son of king Saul and a friend of David
2) a son of the high priest Abiathar and the last descendant of Eli of whom we hear
3) one of David’s mighty warriors
4) a Levite and father of Zechariah, a priest who blew the trumpet at the dedication of the wall
5) a son of Kareah and a brother of Johanan; a Judaite captain after the fall of Jerusalem
6) another Judaite
7) father of Ebed in the time of Ezra
8) son of Asahel in the time of Ezra
9) a priest of the family of Melicu in the time of Nehemiah
10) son of Joiada and his successor to the high priesthood in the time of Nehemiah
(1) see יְהוֹנָתָן.
(2) others bore this name only in its contracted form.
(a) 1 Chronicles 2:32.
(b) Jeremiah 40:8 all.