free while helping to build churches and support pastors in Uganda.
Click here to learn more!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #3129 - יוֹנָתָן
Jonathan or Jehonathan = “Jehovah has given”
1) a son of king Saul and a friend of David
2) a son of the high priest Abiathar and the last descendant of Eli of whom we hear
3) one of David’s mighty warriors
4) a Levite and father of Zechariah, a priest who blew the trumpet at the dedication of the wall
5) a son of Kareah and a brother of Johanan; a Judaite captain after the fall of Jerusalem
6) another Judaite
7) father of Ebed in the time of Ezra
8) son of Asahel in the time of Ezra
9) a priest of the family of Melicu in the time of Nehemiah
10) son of Joiada and his successor to the high priesthood in the time of Nehemiah
(1) see יְהוֹנָתָן.
(2) others bore this name only in its contracted form.
(a) 1 Chronicles 2:32.
(b) Jeremiah 40:8 all.
the First Week of Advent