the Fourth Week of Lent
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #4162 - מוֹצָא
Moza = “fountain”
1) son of Caleb by Ephah his concubine
2) son of Zimri and a descendant of Saul
2 a descendant of Saul 1 Chronicles 8:36,37 (ᵐ5 Μαισα) = 1 Chronicles 9:42,43 ᵐ5 Μασσα; ᵐ5 L in both Μωσα).
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc.
All rights reserved. Used by permission. BibleSoft.com
מוֹצָא (from the root יָצָא) pl. const. מוֹצָאֵי m.
(1) a going out, Numbers 33:2 sun-rise, Psalms 19:7 comp. Hosea 6:3, the promulgation of an edict (see the root, letter l). Daniel 9:25.
(2) the place from which one goes out, hence a gate, Ezekiel 42:11, 43:11 מוֹצָא מַיִם a fountain of waters, Isaiah 41:18 מוֹצָא כֶסֶף a vein of silver, Job 28:1 מוֹצָא דֶשֶׁא a place fertile in grass, Job 38:27 absol. also the East, from which the sun goes out, Psalms 75:7. The expression is peculiar, and by zeugma, Psalms 65:9, מוֹצָאֵי בֹקֶר וָעֶרֶב תַּרְנִין “the rising (outgoing) of the morning and the evening thou makest to rejoice;” for the evening properly does not rise.
(3) that which goes out, is produced, as שְׂפָתַיִם מוֹצָא that which goes out of the lips, words, speech, Numbers 30:13; Deuteronomy 23:24.
(4) origin, stock, 1 Kings 10:28.
(5) [Moza], pr.n. m.
(a) 1 Chronicles 8:36, 9:42.
(b) 1 Chronicles 2:46.
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary developed by Jeff Garrison for StudyLight.org.
Copyright 1999-2023. All Rights Reserved, Jeff Garrison, Gdansk, Poland.