Click here to join the effort!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #4409 - מַלּוּךְ
Malluch or Melicu = “counsellor”
1) a Merarite Levite, son of Hashabiah
2) a descendant of Bani who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
3) a descendant of Harim who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
4) a priest who signed the covenant with Nehemiah
5) one of the leaders of the people who signed the covenant with Nehemiah
6) a priest who returned from exile with Zerubbabel
מַלּוּךְ (“reigning,” or i.q. Syr. ܡܳܠܘܽܟ “counsellor”), [Malluch], pr.n. m.
(1) 1 Chronicles 6:29.
(2) Nehemiah 10:5, 12:2 also מַלּוּכִי Nehemiah 12:14 כתיב, where קרי is מְלִיכוּ.
(3) Ezra 10:29.
(4) Nehem. 10:28.
the Second Week after Epiphany