Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #4441 - מַלְכִּיָּה
Malchijah or Malchiah = “my king is Jehovah”
1) the father of Pashur in the time of Jeremiah
2) the son of Hammelech into whose dungeon Jeremiah was cast
3) the head of the 5th course of priests in the time of David
4) one of the priests who was at the reading of the law by Ezra, sealed the covenant with Nehemiah, and was at the dedication of the wall with Nehemiah
5) a Levite ancestor of Asaph and descendant of Levi through Gershon
6) son of Parosh who put away a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
7) son of Harim who put away a foreign wife and helped repair the wall and the Tower of Ovens in the time of Ezra and Nehemiah
8) son of Rechab, leader of the district of Beth Haccerem, who helped repair the Refuse Gate in the time of Nehemiah
9) a goldsmith who helped repair the wall in the time of Nehemiah
מַלְכִּיָּה and מַלְכִּיָּהוּ (“king of Jehovah,” i.e. appointed by Jehovah), [Malchiah, Malchijah], pr.n. m.
(1) Ezra 10:31; Nehemiah 3:11.
(2) Nehemiah 8:4, 10:3.
(3) of many others, 1 Chronicles 9:12, 24:9 Ezra 10:25, al.
the Week of Proper 22 / Ordinary 27