Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #453 - אֱלִיהוּא
Elihu = “He is my God”
1) the younger man who rebuked Job and his three friends
2) an Ephraimite, Samuel’s great grandfather
3) a Manassite warrior chief for David
4) son of Shemaiah and Korhite gatekeeper
5) David’s brother
אֱלִיהוּא (id.) pr. n.
(1) [Elihu], the son of Barachel the Buzite, a friend of Job, his fourth opponent in dispute, Job chaps. -3235. Sometimes written אֱלִיהוּ Job 32:4, 35:1.
(2) m. 1 Samuel 1:1.
(3) m. 1 Chronicles 12:20.
the Week of Proper 21 / Ordinary 26