the Week of Christ the King / Proper 29 / Ordinary 34
Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #7073 - קְנַז
Kenaz = “hunter”
1) son of Eliphaz and grandson of Esau; one of the dukes of Edom
2) a brother of Caleb and father of Othniel
קְנַז (“hunting”), [Kenaz], pr.n.
(1) of an Edomite sprung from Esau, and of a district of Arabia, taking its name from him, Genesis 36:11, 15 Genesis 36:15, 42 Genesis 36:42.
(2) of the father (or rather grandfather) of Othniel, the brother of Caleb, Joshua 15:17; Judges 1:13; 1 Chronicles 4:13 see קְנִזִּי
(3) a grandson of Caleb, ibid., verse 15.