Click here to join the effort!
Exhortation and Greeting
2-6. Exhortation to prayer and wisdom in dealing with heathen.
6. Grace, not divine grace, but graciousness. Their speech must be winning and wise, seasoned with salt.
7-18. Commendation of bearers of the letter, and salutations.
8. I have sent] i.e. I am (now) sending.
He might know your estate] RV ’that ye may know our estate.’
10. Sister’s son] RV ’cousin.’ They must have received these commands at an earlier time.
14. From this v., compared with Colossians 4:11, it is clear that Luke was a Gentile.
15. Probably we should substitute ’Nymphas’ and ’her house.’
16. The epistle from Laodicea] perhaps our Epistle to the Ephesians.
18. Paul dictated the letter, as was his custom, and signed it with his chained hand.
Remember] in your prayers.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Dummelow, John. "Commentary on Colossians 4". "John Dummelow's Commentary on the Bible". https://www.studylight.org/
the Week of Proper 23 / Ordinary 28