Click here to join the effort!
IV. Experiences Following Betrothal (Song of Solomon 5:2-16; Song of Solomon 6:1-13; Son 7:1-9 )
1. The Bride (Song of Solomon 5:2-16; Son 6:1-3 ).
The Maiden's Troubled Dream.
(a) The Coming of the Beloved in the Night ( Son 5:2-5 )
(b) The Door Opened, but the Beloved Vanished (Song of Solomon 5:6 a).
(c) Her Search (Song of Solomon 5:6-16; Son 6:1-12 ).
1. Out in the Streets (6b).
2. The Ill Treatment of the Watchmen (7).
3. Appeal to the Women of Jerusalem (8).
4. Their Answer (9).
5. Her Description of Her Beloved (10-16).
6. Inquiry of the Women ( Son 6:1 ).
7. Her Answer ( Son 6:2 ).
(d) She Awakes (6:3).
2. Solomon (Song of Solomon 6:4-13; Son 7:1-9 ). His Musing.
(a) Description of the Shulamite (Song of Solomon 6:4-9 a).
(b) Effect on the Virgins of the Vision of Her (Song of Solomon 6:9-13; Song of Solomon 6:9-13).
(c) Continued Description ( Son 7:1-9 ).
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Morgan, G. Campbell. "Commentary on Song of Solomon 6". "Morgan's Exposition on the Bible". https://www.studylight.org/
the Third Week after Epiphany