Click here to get started today!
Nave's Topical Bible
- A judge (leader, hero) of Israel
- A Danite, son of Manoah; miraculous birth of; a Nazarite from his mother's womb; the mother forbidden to drink wine or strong drink, or to eat any ceremonially unclean thing during gestation
- Desires a Philistine woman for his wife; kills a lion
- His marriage feast and the riddle propounded
- Kills thirty Philistines
- Wife of, estranged
Judges 14:20; 15:1,2
- Is avenged for the estrangement of his wife
- His great strength
Judges 15:7-14; Hebrews 11:32
- Kills one-thousand Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey
- Miraculously supplied with water
- Cohabits with Delilah, a prostitute; her machinations with the Philistines to overcome him
- Is blinded by the Philistines and confined to hard labor in prison; pulls down the pillars of the temple, meets his death, and kills a multitude of his enemies
Judges 16:21-31; Hebrews 11:32
These files are public domain and are a derivative of an electronic edition that is available in the Bible Foundation e-text Library.
Nave, Orville J. Entry for 'Samson'. Nave's Topical Bible. https://www.studylight.org/concordances/eng/ntb/s/samson.html. 1896.