Charles Buck Theological Dictionary
Death, or the separation of the body and soul. The dissolution of the world is an awful event, which we have reason to believe, both from the Old Testament and the New, will certainly take place.
1. It is not an incredible thing, since nothing of a material nature is formed for perpetual duration.
2. It will doubtless be under the direction of the Supreme Being, as its creation was.
3. The soul of man will remain unhurt amidst this general desolation.
4. It will be an introduction to a greater and nobler system in the government of God, 2 Peter 3:13 .
5. The consideration of it ought to have a great influence on us while in the present state, 2 Peter 3:11-12 .
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Buck, Charles. Entry for 'Dissolution'. Charles Buck Theological Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/cbd/d/dissolution.html. 1802.