Click here to get started today!
Charles Buck Theological Dictionary
Trust in God
Signifies that confidence in, or dependence we place on him. This trust ought to be,
1. Sincere and unreserved, not in idols, in men, in talents, riches, power, in ourselves part, and him part, Proverbs 3:5-6 .
2. Universal; body, soul, circumstances, 1 Peter 5:7 .
3. Perpetual, Is. 26: 4.
4. With a lively expectation of his blessing, Micah 7:7 . The encouragement we have to trust in him arises,
1. From his liberality, Romans 8:32 . Psalms 84:11 .
2. His ability, James 1:17 .
3. His relationship, Psalms 103:13 .
4. His promise, Isaiah 32:16 .
5. His conduct in all ages to those who have trusted him, Genesis 48:15-16 . Psalms 37:25 . The happiness of those who trust in him is great, if we consider,
1. Their safety, Psalms 125:1-5
2. Their courage, Psalms 27:1 .
3. Their peace, Isaiah 26:3 .
5. Their end, Psalms 37:37 . Job 5:26 .
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Buck, Charles. Entry for 'Trust in God'. Charles Buck Theological Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/cbd/t/trust-in-god.html. 1802.