King James Dictionary
1. The act of appointing designation to office as, he erred by the appointment of suitable men.
2. Stipulation assignation the act of fixing by mutual agreement as, they made an appointment to meet at six o'clock.
3. Decree established order or constitution as, it is our duty to submit to the divine appointments.
4. Direction order command.
Wheat, salt, wine and oil, let it be given according to the appointment of the priests. Ezekiel 6 .
5. Equipment, furniture, as for a ship, or an army whatever is appointed for use and management.
6. An allowance to a person a salary or pension, as to a public officer.
An appointment differs from wages, in being a special grant, or gratification, not fixed, whereas wages are fixed and ordinary.
7. A devise or grant to a charitable use.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Appointment'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/a/appointment.html.