Click here to get started today!
King James Dictionary
1. Sure true undoubted unquestionable that cannot be denied existing in fact and truth.
The dream is certain and the interpretation sure. Daniel 2 .
2. Assured in mind having no doubts followed by of, before a noun.
However I with thee have fixed my lot,
Certain to undergo like doom of death,
Consort with thee.
To make her certain of the sad event.
3. Unfailing always producing the intended effect as, we may have a certain remedy for a disease.
4. Not doubtful or casual really existing.
Virtue that directs our ways
Through certain dangers to uncertain praise.
5. Stated fixed determinate regular.
Ye shall gather a certain rate every day. Exodus 16 .
There came a certain poor widow. Mark 12 .
In the plural number, a particular part or number some an indefinite part, number, or quantity. Hanani came, he and certain men of Judah. I mourned certain days. Nehemiah 1 . 2 . 6 .
In the latter sense, it is used as a noun as, certain also of your own poets have said. Acts 17 .
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Certain'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/c/certain.html.