Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
1. The acknowledgment of a crime, fault or something to one's disadvantage open declaration of guilt, failure, debt, accusation, &c.
With the mouth confession is made to salvation. Romans 10 .
2. Avowal the act of acknowledging profession.
Who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession. 1 Timothy 6 .
3. The act of disclosing sins or faults to a priest the disburdening of the conscience privately to a confessor sometimes called auricular confession.
4. A formulary in which the articles of faith are comprised a creed to be assented to or signed, as a preliminary to admission into a church.
5. The acknowledgment of a debt by a debtor before a justice of the peace, &c., on which judgment is entered and execution issued.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Confession'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/c/confession.html.