Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
IMPE'RIOUS, a. L. imperiosus.
1. Commanding dictatorial haughty arrogant overbearing domineering as an imperious tyrant an imperious dictator an imperious man an imperious temper.
2. Commanding indicating an imperious temper authoritative as imperious words.
3. Powerful overbearing not to be opposed by obstacles as a man of a vast and imperious mind.
4. Commanding urgent pressing as imperious love imperious circumstances imperious appetite.
5. Authoritative commanding with rightful authority.
The commandment high and imperious in its claims.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Imperious'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/i/imperious.html.
the Week of Proper 24 / Ordinary 29