Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
1. Not one used of persons or things.
There is none that doeth good no, not one. Psalms 14 .
2. Not any not a part not the least portion.
Six days shall ye gather it, but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none. Exodus 16 .
3. It was formerly used before nouns as, thou shalt have none assurance of thy life. This use is obsolete we now use no thou shalt have no assurance. This is none other but the house of God we now say, no other.
4. It is used as a substitute, the noun being omitted. He walketh through dry places, seeking rest and finding none that is, no rest. Matthew 7 .
5. In the following phrase, it is used for nothing, or no concern. Israel would none of me, that is, Israel would not listen to me at all they would have no concern with me they utterly rejected my counsels.
6. As a substitute, none has a plural signification.
Terms of peace were none vouchsafed.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'None'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/n/none.html.