Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
QUEST, n. L. quaero, quaestus. As the letter r is rarely changed into s, perhaps the L. quaesivi, quaestus, may be from the root of quaeso.
1. The act of seeking search as, to rove in quest of game to go in quest of a lost child in quest of property, &c.
2. Inquest a jury. Not used.
3. Searchers, collectively. Not used.
4. Inquiry examination. Not used.
5. Request desire solicitation.
Gad not abroad at every quest and call of an untrain'd hope or passion.
QUEST, To go in search. Not used.
QUEST, To search or seek for.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Quest'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/q/quest.html.