Click here to get started today!
King James Dictionary
THICK'NESS, n. The state of being thick denseness density as the thickness of fog, vapor or clouds.
1. The state of being concrete or inspissated consistence spissitude as the thickness of paint or mortar the thickness of honey the thickness of the blood.
2. The extent of a body from side to side, or from surface to surface as the thickness of a tree the thickness of a board the thickness of the hand the thickness of a layer of earth.
3. Closeness of the parts the state of being crowded or near as the thickness of trees in a forest the thickness of a wood.
4. The state of being close, dense or impervious as the thickness of shades.
5. Dullness of the sense of hearing want of quickness or acuteness as thickness of hearing.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Thickness'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/t/thickness.html.