Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
UNC'TION, n. L. unctio, from ungo, to anoint.
1. The act of anointing.
2. Unguent ointment. Unusual.
3. The act of anointing medically as mercurial unction.
4. Any thing softening or lenitive.
5. That which excites piety and devotion.
6. Richness of gracious affections.
7. Divine or sanctifying grace. 1 John 1 .
Extreme unction, the rite of anointing in the last hours or the application of sacred oil to the parts where the five senses reside.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Unction'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/u/unction.html.