Click to donate today!
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. The tenth judge of Israel: he succeeded Elon, and ruled eight years. Judges 12:13,15 .
2. Son of Shashak. 1 Chronicles 8:23 .
3. Son of Jehiel, of Gibeon. 1 Chronicles 8:30; 1 Chronicles 9:35,36 .
4. Son of Micha, 2 Chronicles 34:20 : the same as ACHBOR, q.v.
5. City in the tribe of Asher, one of the four given to the Gershonites. Joshua 21:30; 1 Chronicles 6:74 . Probably the same as Hebron in the list of the cities of Asher in Joshua 19:28 . According to Gesenius, Abdon is read here in twenty Hebrew MSS. instead of Hebron, though most of the ancient versions favour Hebron. This is not the well-known Hebron which is in Judah's lot. Abdon is identifiedwith Abdeh , 333' N, 35 9' E.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Morrish, George. Entry for 'Abdon'. Morrish Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/mbd/a/abdon.html. 1897.