Click here to get started today!
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. One of Samuel's sons, a judge in Israel, who took bribes and perverted judgement. The Israelites gave this as their reason for wanting a king. 1 Samuel 8:2; 1 Chronicles 6:28 .
2. Wife of Hezron. 1 Chronicles 2:24 .
3. Son of Becher a Benjamite. 1 Chronicles 7:8 .
4. Son of Rehoboam, the son of Solomon. 1 Chronicles 3:10; Matthew 1:7 . See ABIJAH,No. 1.
5. One of the courses of priests. Luke 1:5 . See ABIJAH, No. 3.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Morrish, George. Entry for 'Abia, Abiah'. Morrish Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/mbd/a/abia-abiah.html. 1897.