the Week of Proper 21 / Ordinary 26
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Simon, the Cyrenian who was compelled to carry the cross of the Lord. Mark 15:21 .
2. One of the leaders among the Jews when Peter and John were arrested. Acts 4:6 .
3. A Jew at Ephesus who sought to address the crowd in the theatre. Acts 19:33 .
4. One in the church who having made shipwreck of faith was by Paul delivered unto Satan that he might learn not to blaspheme. 1 Timothy 1:20 .
5. The coppersmith who did Paul much evil, and of whom Timothy was warned. 2 Timothy 4:14 . He may have been the same as No. 4.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Morrish, George. Entry for 'Alexander'. Morrish Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/​dictionaries/​eng/​mbd/​a/alexander.html. 1897.