Click to donate today!
1910 New Catholic Dictionary
Daughters of Jesus
Congregation originally founded, 1809, at Verona, Italy, by Pietro Leonardi, and joined by several French congregations in 1820, becoming dependent on the foundation of Kermaria, France. The work of the congregation is the education of youth and the care of the sick poor and of orphans. A provincial house for Canada was established at Three Rivers, 1893. The congregation has over 200 houses, including schools, hospitals, and orphanages, in Canada, the United States, England, France, and elsewhere. The mother-house is still at Kermaria; religious total over 500.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Entry for 'Daughters of Jesus'. 1910 New Catholic Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/ncd/d/daughters-of-jesus.html. 1910.
the Second Week of Advent