Click here to learn more!
1910 New Catholic Dictionary
(Greek: ex, out; odos, way)
The second book of the Bible, thus named because it relates the departure of the Jews from Egypt and a part of their wanderings through the wilderness, as far as Mount Sinai. The most convenient division is the following:
- events preceding the going out of Egypt (1-12)
- the going out of Egypt and the journey to Mount Sinai (13-18)
- the promulgation of the first instalments of the Mosaic Law (19-31)
- the apostasy of the Jews (the golden calf), reconciliation, and renewal of the Covenant (32-34)
- construction of the Tabernacle (35-40)
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Entry for 'Exodus'. 1910 New Catholic Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/ncd/e/exodus.html. 1910.